The COVID-19 pandemic has caused so much disruption and change in our lives. It can be hard to wrap our minds around the many ways our lives are now different. One thing doesn’t need to change is your access to a qualified therapist. Yes, the functionality may be different but the quality of the session will be the same.
I utilize a secure, HIPPA-compliant video platform called Doxy.me. You don’t need to download anything—I simply e-mail you a link that you click on that takes you to my “waiting room”. We can exchange intake forms and all the necessary paperwork securely as well. Confidentiality is my top priority which is why I have taken extra measures to ensure all of your interactions with me that occur online will be safe and protected.
My experience has led me to see that online counseling is just as effective, and in some cases more so, than in-person sessions. Some of the benefits include:
• No traffic or parking hassles
• We don’t need to wear a mask and gloves to speak to each other
• You can relax in the comfort of your own home
• Couples in quarantine can work around child’s schedule
• Couples don’t need to be in the same location, such as, when one is traveling or in quarantine in a different location
• Those with compromised immune systems or concerns about health do not need to take any extra risks to get services
The process to begin online counseling is the same—call me at 503-389-6320 to schedule your free consultation. I can answer any questions you may have and we can decide together if teletherapy with me is the best fit for you.